Delphi-PRAXiS

Delphi-PRAXiS (https://www.delphipraxis.net/forum.php)
-   Algorithmen, Datenstrukturen und Klassendesign (https://www.delphipraxis.net/78-algorithmen-datenstrukturen-und-klassendesign/)
-   -   FInd duplicate array and a quick way to search item per line on file?? (https://www.delphipraxis.net/156082-find-duplicate-array-quick-way-search-item-per-line-file.html)

user 19. Nov 2010 10:20

FInd duplicate array and a quick way to search item per line on file??

For example I have an sorted array.
array[0]=1
array[1]=3
array[2]=2
array[3]=2
array[4]=4

First,
I use binary search to find an item. I found array[2]. I want to find duplicate item from the array, so I check the next index, if the value of next index doesn't match with array[2], it mean no duplicate item found. Am in right way to find duplicate item?

Second,
I got the duplicate items : array[2] and array[3]. I store them in new array or maybe in stringlist.
I have file contain :
aa
bb
cc
dd
ee

Now, I want to get the value of third line from the file (third line = array[2]). I want to get the value of forth line from the file (forth line = array[3]). The point is I want to retrieve the value from line based on index of duplicate array.

How to do this properly? I don't want to load all lines to stringlist to get the index, because if I have >5000 lines, the memory consumption will large.

Thanks.

s.h.a.r.k 19. Nov 2010 10:39

AW: FInd duplicate array and a quick way to search item per line on file??

Your first example is not sorted! But if it would be sorted then you're right.

-- EDIT
You can use Hier im Forum suchenAssignFile(), Hier im Forum suchenReset(), Hier im Forum suchenSeek() and Hier im Forum suchenReadln to get a special line of a file.

user 19. Nov 2010 11:10

Zitat:

Zitat von s.h.a.r.k (Beitrag 1062525)
Your first example is not sorted! But if it would be sorted then you're right.

-- EDIT
You can use Hier im Forum suchenAssignFile(), Hier im Forum suchenReset(), Hier im Forum suchenSeek() and Hier im Forum suchenReadln to get a special line of a file.

Ups sorry! :D

Okey, I'll try. I have to check again that "AssignFile" doesn't load the file into memory. Thanks.

SirThornberry 19. Nov 2010 12:06

if each line of your file has the same length you can calculate at which position the data is.
To access the file a prefer TFileStream

p80286 19. Nov 2010 14:35

Zitat:

Zitat von user (Beitrag 1062520)
For example I have an sorted array.
array[0]=1
array[1]=3
array[2]=2
array[3]=2
array[4]=4

First,
I use binary search to find an item. I found array[2]. I want to find duplicate item from the array, so I check the next index, if the value of next index doesn't match with array[2], it mean no duplicate item found. Am in right way to find duplicate item?

No that is not shure. if You are looking for "2" you might find array[2] or array[3]!
so you have to check the previous and the next index(s).

Greetings
K-H

Alle Zeitangaben in WEZ +1. Es ist jetzt 14:45 Uhr.