Delphi-PRAXiS

Delphi-PRAXiS (https://www.delphipraxis.net/forum.php)
-   Die Delphi-IDE (https://www.delphipraxis.net/62-die-delphi-ide/)
-   -   Delphi don't recompile changed code (https://www.delphipraxis.net/169063-delphi-dont-recompile-changed-code.html)

WojTec 26. Jun 2012 20:23

Delphi don't recompile changed code

As in subject. When I edit and press F9 then Delphi don't build new EXE :o I have to delete DCUs, then make next edit in code (eg. add line or space, etc.) and then finally I reveive new EXE. I see it creates CBK for changed units.

I have this Delphi installation for 3 years and always was ok. I have GExperts and CnWizards, maybe it's bug in one of them?

PS: Delphi 2010.

Stevie 26. Jun 2012 23:17

AW: Delphi don't recompile changed code

Is that problem reproducable with a new blank application or only specific to a certain project?

Make sure the date/time settings of your computer are correct, they might confuse the compiler. Also if you are editing the correct files (might be duplicates of what the project uses). Check for possible dcus somewhere that might be taken.

As a side note: you don't need to delete the dcu files. Hit Shift+F9 which does a build instead of a compile.

WojTec 27. Jun 2012 09:18

Re: Delphi don't recompile changed code

Problem is with any project, existing and new. System settings are ok.

jaenicke 27. Jun 2012 09:59

AW: Delphi don't recompile changed code

The easiest solution should be to restore your last backup of your computer. Those problems are not easy to find, so you would save a lot of time...

Otherwise you can try to use Process Monitor to find out what Delphi does when compiling the project and which files are read.
Sometimes you see weird paths where files with the same name exist, which were in my case caused by a component's setup which unfortunately was only available as setup (I hate this...).

WojTec 27. Jun 2012 11:37

Re: Delphi don't recompile changed code

My W7x86 has near 3 years, I see it's time to make format 8-) and maybe try W7x64 + DXE2.

BTW: CBK files are created by which program? Maybe this is problem?
BTW2: is sense to install x64 system? I have Core 2 Duo 2.13 and 3GB RAM.

jaenicke 27. Jun 2012 12:57

AW: Re: Delphi don't recompile changed code

Zitat:

Zitat von WojTec (Beitrag 1172664)
My W7x86 has near 3 years, I see it's time to make format 8-)

I make a backup after installing everything. If I want to install a new software permanently, I restore the last backup, install it and make a new backup.

This way I always have a fresh and fast system without garbage.

Zitat:

It does work without any problems with 3GiB, but I don't think that it's neccessary if everything is ok for you with x86.

Stevie 27. Jun 2012 13:23

AW: Re: Delphi don't recompile changed code

Zitat:

BTW: CBK files are created by which program? Maybe this is problem?

Delphi, see a list of all delphi file extensions.

Imo it makes no sense to stick with an x86 OS these days - even less for a developer that sooner or later will have to face x64.

Alle Zeitangaben in WEZ +1. Es ist jetzt 17:21 Uhr.