Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen

willw

1 Beiträge

AW: [IDE-Experte (2006,07,09,10)] CustomHelp

Alt 25. Aug 2010, 08:56
Hi,

Please excuse me for rudely posting in English - my German is not up to the task. I am here courtesy of Google's translator.

CustomHelp is a superb tool, for which many thanks. I am singing its praises to my Delphi-using friends. Embarcadero should take note and copy.

You ask for suggestions. I have one. I very often find myself searching/grepping code for, typically, Windows API functions. I already know which Windows API function I need to call, but I first want to search the code base of the VCL and JEDI, to discover if the Delphi code to use it has already been written.

I realise that there are various tools for grepping from within the IDE - for example GExperts - but I wondered if you could allow easily-configurable grep searches from within your tool? I imagine being able to set up several searches on the VCL, JCL, JVCL etc. CustomHelp could shell to the grep that I believe is still included with Delphi, and provide clickable links to the hits that it found, each opening files at the appropriate place.

Apologies if this idea has already been proposed and rejected - or if you have better things time than extend this very complete tool.

Regards

Will Watts
  Mit Zitat antworten Zitat