Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen

Kas Ob.

215 Beiträge

AW: Berlin IDE crasht beim Anklicken des Menüs !?

Alt 14. Dez 2023, 08:00
Hi,

I have some observation about the subject as my (well somewhat outdated) IDEs have and suffer form the same behavior.

I can reproduce it reliably all between D2010 and XE8 (also XE10), the steps are simple, close everything (make sure no opened projects), restart the IDE, then drag and drop a big file, by big file i mean with many classes, this file must have a lot of dependencies on other files from such library, like Delphi HTML components, SecureBlackBox, mormot ....
Now in the moment right after dropping the file in the IDE, and the text/code appears, move the mouse cursor on top of any function/procedure/variable... and the IDE will disappear, if you wait a second or two before moving the mouse, until the IDE parsed the file and structure view is updated and nothing will crash.

disable CodeInsight will not help as i tried to disable it and try, also manipulated my PC/CPU to work 10 times slower, and watched what is happening, there is a small window in fact it looks like Windows standard hint windows, with the word "parsing.." right before the crash, this window is drawn even with CodeInsight enabled, but will disappear and be replaced with different view.

if you found the right file, like "mormot.crypt.ecc256r1.pas" this one (i just tried) will kill my IDEs (all of them) of the IDE right opened without any opened files projects, and i drop that file on it and moved the mouse on the IDE, it will disappear.

I suspect the faster the CPU/PC the less visible the problem is but with slower devices you need to wait more time, don't move the mouse to prevent the crash, by "may be" not invoking the IDE resolver bfore it finished parsing the file and its dependencies.
  Mit Zitat antworten Zitat