Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen

Delphi-Lover

30 Beiträge

Delphi 2005 Professional

Delphi 2005 and Database Access

Alt 4. Jan 2005, 16:00
Hello All,

I'm about to upgrade my Delphi 5 to the newest Delphi 2005 (finally I'm very confused about the different versions of Delphi Borland creates (Pro-Ent-Arch) The only thing what is important for me is the access to databases. The rest (NET, Starteam, MIdas, ECO II, Intraweb, ..) I don't need. As long I can type Pascal in the editor and can compile it, I'm happy. The database I use now is MS Access and soon I'm going to use MS SQL server (or the free MS SQL Server Express 2005) I see now that in Delphi 2005 the following is supported: ADO, dbGO, dbExpress and maybe more.. I still use the BDE with ODBC right now, but I like to get it out, because Borland stopped the developement and I like to see if I can speed up the database connections with my applications.

Questions: What Delphi version do I need? I like to buy the Pro version, because the others are very (very) expensive. Do I need the dbExpress to connect to MS SQL Server? (I saw that it is not in the Pro versions...) Has the Pro version all the things to connect to MS Access and MS SQL-Server?

Thanks and Greetings,

Delphi Lover.
Rob
  Mit Zitat antworten Zitat