Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen

Insider2004
(Gast)

n/a Beiträge

Re: Delphi 2007 - Erste Feature-Liste

Alt 6. Dez 2006, 22:25
Hier das Wichtigste ausgeschnitten:

As CodeGear moves on with it's product roadmaps what are some of the innovations you think the developer community will be excited about with upcoming releases?

The first half of 2007 will see a new release of Delphi, which while adding support for .NET 2.0 and 3.0, continues our commitment to native Windows development. Unlike some of our competitors, we recognise the need to continue supporting Win32 developers, and in fact are continuing to extend both the language (eg. Generics for Win32) and the IDE for this platform. Further out, we're adding 64-bit native support and as always, a very easy migration path for people to move their 32-bit code forward. On the .NET side, ECO, our model driven framework, continues to be extended, with support for VCL.NET being added, while we're updating the Delphi for .NET language to support the new goodies in .NET such as generics, nullable types, etc.

Interbase has just had a new release that adds a bunch of durability features, such as Journaling and Point-In-Time recovery, and performance features such as batch updates, new query and OLTP optimisations. However, next year it will be getting some cool new features to make it much easier to embed in the applications our customers build, including
DLL deployment and mobile deployment.

There's more to come too, as CodeGear wants to help all developers, not just Delphi, C++, C# and Java developers. I think I've mentioned to you before our interest in things like PHP, Python and Ruby. I've been spending quite a bit of time lately exploring Ruby, and there's a lot to like there (although I confess I was a bit of a Smalltalk fan at university, so maybe I'm biased). No announcements yet, but if you were to eavesdrop on the conversations going on within CodeGear, you'd get a lot of hits for these names.
  Mit Zitat antworten Zitat