Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen

chukalv

8 Beiträge

Delphi 6 Professional

advantage db

Alt 29. Jan 2007, 13:44
Datenbank: Advantage • Zugriff über: x
Hello!

I`m now starting to understand database structures and how they`re working. As i understood, the Advantage database's are one of the good. I'm looking forward to make a local db, for huge entries (70 000 and up). It's for a lexicon.
Right now there's a mysql+php version already ready, but my goal is to make an local version. To understand I was exploring an already ready project. I think I understood how the delphi is communicating with the db files (local db), but
there are some questions:
- for what is the *.adt file and for what is the *.adi file? Do I have to include both of them into my project?
- how to make an Advantage table (the adt and adi files) from a sql code? Do I have to use delphi or are there any other tools?
- how much space would the advantage local db file take, that includes 70 000 entries?
- what exactly is not free in the Advantage db system? I'v downloaded the TDataSet and as it seems, it works and reads the db files for free.
- are there any other better solutions or example how to manage and create a local lexicon?

Thanks in advance!
May the source be with You!
  Mit Zitat antworten Zitat