Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen

Benutzerbild von JamesTKirk
JamesTKirk

604 Beiträge

FreePascal / Lazarus

Re: Hardware Access without Driver?Possible?

Alt 24. Dez 2009, 20:24
Zitat von nanix:
Drivers in delphi are just as good as one written in C.Sorry but its true!
I never doubted this. This is the reason I began the port of Free Pascal in the first place.

Zitat von nanix:
If you have any test things that you want me to test PM me.I got an x64 cpu.
My current plan is to test this with a x86 QEMU VM. I only need to get a x64 version of a 2003 or XP (as I'm a stundent I'm able to download this legally ). But I might come back to one, once the first tests are successful.

Zitat von nanix:
Its not that delphi can't make drivers.It can but its format won't link sys files.Thats we just use a makefile
This is not the REASON. The format of sys files is not different to that of "normal" Windows executable. The only real differences are the following:
  • The subsystem field is set to PE_SUBSYSTEM_NATIVE (value 1)
  • The file may only link to ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll (and other drivers like ndis.sys)
  • The checksum needs to be set
  • The entry point must be different

The points 1, 3 and 4 can be done with external tools (my port only needs a tool for point 3), but the second point relies on a modified RTL that uses the correct functions.

You are using a makefile, because it simplifies all these things which force Delphi to produce device drivers. (this "forcing" is not meant in a negative way - don't get me wrong here)

Regards,
Sven
Sven
[Free Pascal Compiler Entwickler]
this post is printed on 100% recycled electrons
  Mit Zitat antworten Zitat